Air conditioning tends to be a big chunk of your electricity bill during the summer, but you will find a few things you can do to minimize just how much you spend on it. Regular maintenance on your system will keep it running also and smoothly cut your air cooling costs. Allow me to share six things every homeowner ought to be doing:
1. Look at the place you set the thermostat of yours. Needless to say this very first one on the list seems sort of self-explanatory, but few homeowners really understand how much a few degrees are able to reduce the electricity bill of theirs. Let us use twenty five degrees Celsius as a benchmark. Every degree below which could change the cost of your electric bill by up to 5 percent. That might not seem as a whole lot, though it adds up, particularly if you’re talking about a few degrees in temperature.
2. Preserve the air cooling coils fresh. Cleaning the coils is one of the simplest things homeowners are able to do to maintain their system operating at maximum efficiency, and yet it’s also among the most-overlooked chores in terms of home maintenance. These coils have a tendency to accumulate a great deal of debris, and the thicker the level of dust, the more difficult the device needs to operate in order to cool the home of yours. In case the method is working harder than it needs to, then the cooling costs of yours will go up.
3. Take a service contractor look at the fluid levels on a regular basis. Each year in the spring you need to obtain an air conditioning professional in to ensure that almost all of the fluid levels are right. The refrigerant is among the fluids which might cause big problems it in case it’s not only right. The unit can’t work correctly if there is far too much or too little refrigerant in it. Should you find yourself in a situation where refrigerant must be added, then it’s time to start searching for a leak in the system. You almost never have to increase the refrigerant.
4. Do not run your dehumidifier while you are cooling the house of yours. Operating a dehumidifier does greater than just take moisture out of your home; in addition, it makes the best portable air conditioner – visit the next website page, conditioning of yours think that your house is bigger than it’s due to the extra air flow. This results to the device working harder to cool the home of yours, thus raising the electric bill of yours.
5. Keep sources of heat away from your thermostat. The place of the thermostat inside the home of yours makes a huge difference in just how much your air conditioning will run. If you’ve got a lamp or maybe other heat source right underneath it, the device will feel the room is hotter than it truly is, therefore it’ll drive longer in order to try and get the temperature you’ve placed. This very same principle holds true of single room units also, although in an alternative way. Make certain that the heating exchanger that is situated on the outdoors of the room is shaded by a tall tree as well as shrubs. This will increase efficiency of the device. Simply make sure that there’s adequate clearance between the unit as well as the tree so that air is able to flow freely.
6. Avoid turning the air conditioning completely off. When you are going to be absent for one day or 2, you might be enticed to turn the system totally off, but that is often quite counterproductive. Instead of turning it completely off, simply raise the temperature by aproximatelly five degrees. This should stop the system from in fact running the majority of the time, though it will also keep the home of yours at a temperature that is going to be easy to recover from if you return and want the home to be cooler again.